Important Info for the 2022 Season
- We must raise registration fees this year to help cover more costs as we continue to focus on initiatives to lead the way in safety across the program. Early Registration will be $265 from May 1st – May 27th and will rise to $325 on May 28th. Jerseys will to be $55 and will be purchased separately. If you purchased a jersey last year, they may be worn again this year.
- For grades 5th-8th, we use the Riddell In-Site technology. These are liners which will be installed in all helmets at these grades. This technology helps us monitor the level of contact the boys have during practices and games. You can get more information at http://www.riddell.com/insite
- First practice will be August 15th and the first game will be Sunday, September 11th and will end no later than November 13th.
- We will be co-hosting a Combine again with the High School football program in June. Grades 3rd through 12th will be invited. More details to come soon.
Looking forward to the upcoming season. Feel free to reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Program Info
The NPPAL Football program’s primary goal is to develop kids to be good teammates and good young men. We not only want to teach them the fundamentals of the game of football, but more important qualities like leadership, trust, respect, discipline, and perseverance.
What makes football so great? Football requires all 11 players to execute simultaneously on every play. Everyone must do their job for the play, the team, to succeed. You must trust in each other and every player must know their responsibility and learn how to execute it to the best of their ability.
In youth football you have to put in the work over the course of an entire season or a number of seasons in order to get a positive result. Commitment to every practice and game is expected, as the team depends on each player knowing their plays.
In addition, we will stress the fundamentals of the game and the development of every player. We work very closely with the high school program to ensure the kids are learning proper and safe fundamentals and will be prepared to enter the New Providence High School Football Program.
We belong to the New Jersey Suburban Youth Football League (NJSYFL). The league is made up of two divisions. The teams in our division include Berkeley Heights, Chatham, Millburn, Kenilworth, Springfield, Parsippany and Perth Amboy. The majority of our games are played against these teams. You can find out more information regarding the league under the Rules section or on their website at njsyfl.com.
The following volunteers devote their time to the administration of the program as Members of the Football Steering Committee:
Commissioner: Eric Arnold (email@example.com)
Assistant Commissioner: Matt DiQuillo
Upcoming Key Dates
2022 Fall Tackle Registration (Fall Grades 4-8)
- Early Registration May 1– May 27 ($275)
- Standard Registration May 28 – June 18 ($325)
- Game Jerseys are not included this year in the registration fee. If you need a new Game Jersey, they can be purchased through CommunityPass for $55.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any registration received after June 18 will be placed on a waitlist and available roster spots will be filled in order.
- Conditioning and Skills Preseason Practices (Dates and Times are tentative)
- August 15-18 – M-Th 6:30-8pm
- August 21-24 – M-Th 6:30-8pm
- August 28-31 – M-Th 6:30-8pm
- Regular Season Practice (Dates and Times are tentative)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-8pm
- Saturdays 8:30am-10am
- Regular Season Games (Dates and Times are tentative)
- Every Sunday from September 11 – October 30
- Times vary by grade, but generally start between 9am and 3:30pm and last about 1 to 1 ½ hours. Once a time is set for that grade it generally is consistent for the year, but can shift some for any given week.
- If a team makes the playoffs, the games are generally held each of the next 3 weeks and you must win each week to advance.
2022 Fall Flag Registration (Fall Grades K-3)
- Normal Registration May 9 – June 18 ($165)
- Late Registration June 19-July 31 ($185)
Fall Tackle Program Rules
At the beginning of each season, the commissioner and the coaching staff for each team will meet with their respective parents to discuss the expectations, rules and guidelines for that given team.
Younger grades will focus more on development and equal playing time while the older grades will become competitive. However, all players are expected to play and contribute at every level. It is important to note that playing time can be affected by player non-adherence to the guidelines set out by the coaches at the beginning of the season. When this occurs, players and parents will be notified.
Fall Flag Program Rules
- There is to be no tackling of ball carriers or attempts to knock them to the ground
- All players should be provided with equal playing time and equal opportunities to carry the ball
Spring Flag Program Rules
- The NJSYFL generally follows NJHS rules governing football, with the exception of certain level (grade) specific rules
- One of the primary rule differences relates to the age and grade of participants at each level as well as the weight of any player eligible to handle the ball. The following table defines the weight, grade and age requirements for each level:
[table id=1 /][table id=2 /]You can find more details at njsyfl.com/rulebook.php
Richmond Boro (2)
- Berkeley Heights: 175 Watchung Blvd, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
- Bloomfield: Pkway North exit 148 (JFK pky straight to T intersection turn left then right (you just went over the parkway) continue 1 mile, cross over Belleville Ave and field is on your right.)
- Chatham: 314 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ 07928
- Cranford: 401 Centenial Ave, Cranford, NJ 07016
- Kenilworth: David Brearley High School, 401 Monroe Avenue, Kenilworth, NJ 07033
- Millburn: Millburn High School, 462 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ 07041
- Morristown: Morristown High School, 50 Early Street, Morristown, NJ 07960
- New Providence: Lieder Field – New Providence High School, 1400 Springfield Ave, New Providence, NJ 07974
- Parsippany: Parsippany PAL Building, 33 Baldwin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Perth Amboy: 300 Eagle Road, Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
- Richmond Boro: Msr. Farrell High School, 2900 Amboy Road, Staten Island, NY 10306
- Richmond Boro: Poly Prep – 9216 Seventh Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11228
- Scotch Plains: Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School, 641 Westfield Road, Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
- Sparta: Pope John High School, 28 Andover Road, Sparta, NJ 07871
- Springfield: 139 Mountain Ave, Springfield, NJ 07081
- Summit: Metro Home Field, 30 Butler Parkway, Summit, NJ 07091
- Westfield: Kehler Stadium, 750 Rahway Avenue, Westfield, NJ 07090