Welcome to Wrestling!
NP PAL Wrestling and Summit Wrestling are a combined program and wrestle together as one team named “Hill Valley Wrestling Club”
NP PAL Wrestling is committed to building and supporting our youth wrestling program that fosters the development of character, sportsmanship, teamwork, work ethic, courage, community, respect and honesty in all of our student athletes.
2021-21 Season UPDATE
>> Wrestling is a GO! <<
Oct 22- Nov 7
Nov. 15 – March 2022
NJYWL, CJYWL, and KOM
Mon/Wed: Varsity/Intermediate (Competition Teams) ||| Led by college-level coaches. FOCUS: improving and refining technique by exposing athletes to a variety of wrestling styles, skills, and moves.
Tues/Thurs: Beginner ||| Builds upon skills learned during the athlete’s time in the Novice program, which focuses on proper technique and foundational skills. Those wanting to compete will be given options in select novice tournaments and leagues.
Saturday: Novice (First-year wrestlers or those still getting comfortable with the support) ||| Seeks to create skill-strong novice athletes who are prepared competently and confidently complete in live wrestling situations. The program will focus on body movement, fundamental skills, and creating an environment of fun to encourage passion around the sport.
HVWC, Wrestling Commissioner
New Providence PAL Wresting Program
- FUN: Wrestling is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. At its most basic level, having fun is the primary reason to engage in the sport of wrestling.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS: Wrestling provides student athletes with the opportunity to develop a wide range physical skills and attributes –strength, agility, stamina and athleticism. In the process, student athletes will develop a love for exercise and appreciation for physical fitness that will help to shape their lives going forward.
- TEAMWORK, CAMARADERIE & COMMUNITY: Wrestling affords student athletes the opportunity to work together in a dynamic team setting that develops a sense of shared purpose, teamwork, respect, camaraderie and community. Our student athletes will benefit from the shared experience and develop more quickly as individuals through the collective effort of the team.
- BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENT: While pursued in a team setting, wrestling is an individual sport at its core. Finding the internal resolve and courage to test oneself against another individual is a life altering experience that can help to positively shape an individual’s future.
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Wrestling develops character. The longer that individuals choose to participate in the sport, the more that basic premise rings true. The sport teaches, and ultimately requires, self-reliance, discipline, independent thinking, courage, passion, grit, toughness, honesty and self-confidence. It is a sanctuary where individuals can test their mettle and explore the limits of their potential – inevitably finding those limits and committing themselves to pushing them back. It provides the opportunity to reach for an uncertain goal with 100% of your heart and soul – requiring you to combine a well devised plan of action and reckless abandon simultaneously. It is where greatness can be achieved – not through the act of winning but rather summoning the courage step into the arena and truly go for it. When done properly, this process is invigorating, emboldening and fun. And yet, there is no mystery to it.
- FUN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT: We will focus on creating a fun and safe environment for our children to experience the benefits of this great sport.
- FOCUS ON BASIC WRESTLING TECHNIQUES: We will teach a few basic wrestling techniques and practice them repetitively with the goal of providing a foundation for the sport of wrestling. These same basic techniques are applicable at the highest levels of national and international competition.
- PROCESS ORIENTATION OVER OUTCOME ORIENTATION: We will focus on learning how to learn while not being afraid to fail. We understand that nobody enjoys losing but recognize that a process orientation is crucial to longer term personal and athletic development.
- UNDERSTAND THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS OF EACH CHILD: We recognize that each child is different – physically, mentally and emotionally. We appreciate that finding the courage to step out and challenge another individual can be intimidating and scary. We will attempt to understand and meet the needs of each child individually.
- NOVICE PROGRAM (K-3) Saturday mornings 9-10:15 am at the Summit Middle School
- DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM: Monday & Wednesdays, 6-7 pm at New Providence High School
- ADVANCED / TRAVEL: Monday & Wednesdays, 7-8:30 pm / New Providence High School
- Details will be forthcoming
If you’re interested in joining the program, below outlines the benefits for any athlete. If you’re ready to join, you can view our flier on this page, or sign up right now through COMMUNITY PASS.
|Please make sure that if you don’t already have a uniform, you order one here.|