Welcome to Wrestling!
NP PAL Wrestling and Summit Wrestling are a combined program and wrestle together as one team named “Hill Valley Wrestling Club”
NP PAL Wrestling is committed to building and supporting our youth wrestling program that fosters the development of character, sportsmanship, teamwork, work ethic, courage, community, respect and honesty in all of our student athletes.
2020-2021 Season UPDATE
At HVWC, our number one priority is always the safety of our athletes and their families, all of our coaches, and the entire wrestling community.
With that in mind, the HVWC board met on Wednesday, Jan 20th to discuss the situation concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19). Based on the information that is available from medical community and our government agencies, NJISAA, Parent Survey, Pre-registration, as well as our league members in the CJYWL and KOM. HVWC has made the following decisions:
HVWC has cancelled the 2020-21 season, all of its events and activities associated it.
This decision was not easy and taken with tremendous consideration. The protocols and activities deemed essential to conduct our training and compete in a way that puts the health and safety of those involved as the primary focus, while still meeting the responsibilities of the club to create an environment that is focused on our CORE principles of Fun, Fitness, Team, and Character Development were not sustainable.
For those of you who would still like to wrestle this year, we have identified the programs below that are local and are currently running with Covid protocols and limited participation. *HVWC does not endorse any of these, we are only providing alternatives.
- Chatham Youth Wrestling Association – http://www.chathamwrestling.com [Contact Info – email@example.com]
- Yale Street (Advanced) – https://www.yalestreetwc.com
- Edge Wrestling (Advanced) – https://www.edgewrestling.com
Across the country, the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve. HVWC, as a steward for the sport of wrestling in our state and a good citizen of our communities, we are focused on using this time to prepare for the 2021-22 season (Fall of 2021). We are in the process of enhancing our athlete development and their future success. We will continue provide updates to the club as we deal with the challenges, we all face together. Please regularly visit this page and our social media NP PAL account for the most current information.
Thank you for your continued support of HVWC. We look forward to resuming our wrestling journey in the fall of 2021. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
HVWC, Wrestling Commissioner
New Providence PAL Wresting Program
- FUN: Wrestling is a sport. Sports are supposed to be fun. At its most basic level, having fun is the primary reason to engage in the sport of wrestling.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS: Wrestling provides student athletes with the opportunity to develop a wide range physical skills and attributes –strength, agility, stamina and athleticism. In the process, student athletes will develop a love for exercise and appreciation for physical fitness that will help to shape their lives going forward.
- TEAMWORK, CAMARADERIE & COMMUNITY: Wrestling affords student athletes the opportunity to work together in a dynamic team setting that develops a sense of shared purpose, teamwork, respect, camaraderie and community. Our student athletes will benefit from the shared experience and develop more quickly as individuals through the collective effort of the team.
- BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUAL CHALLENGES AND ACHIEVEMENT: While pursued in a team setting, wrestling is an individual sport at its core. Finding the internal resolve and courage to test oneself against another individual is a life altering experience that can help to positively shape an individual’s future.
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT: Wrestling develops character. The longer that individuals choose to participate in the sport, the more that basic premise rings true. The sport teaches, and ultimately requires, self-reliance, discipline, independent thinking, courage, passion, grit, toughness, honesty and self-confidence. It is a sanctuary where individuals can test their mettle and explore the limits of their potential – inevitably finding those limits and committing themselves to pushing them back. It provides the opportunity to reach for an uncertain goal with 100% of your heart and soul – requiring you to combine a well devised plan of action and reckless abandon simultaneously. It is where greatness can be achieved – not through the act of winning but rather summoning the courage step into the arena and truly go for it. When done properly, this process is invigorating, emboldening and fun. And yet, there is no mystery to it.
- FUN AND SAFE ENVIRONMENT: We will focus on creating a fun and safe environment for our children to experience the benefits of this great sport.
- FOCUS ON BASIC WRESTLING TECHNIQUES: We will teach a few basic wrestling techniques and practice them repetitively with the goal of providing a foundation for the sport of wrestling. These same basic techniques are applicable at the highest levels of national and international competition.
- PROCESS ORIENTATION OVER OUTCOME ORIENTATION: We will focus on learning how to learn while not being afraid to fail. We understand that nobody enjoys losing but recognize that a process orientation is crucial to longer term personal and athletic development.
- UNDERSTAND THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS OF EACH CHILD: We recognize that each child is different – physically, mentally and emotionally. We appreciate that finding the courage to step out and challenge another individual can be intimidating and scary. We will attempt to understand and meet the needs of each child individually.
- NOVICE PROGRAM (K-3) Saturday mornings 9-10:15 am at the Summit Middle School
- DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM: Monday & Wednesdays, 6-7 pm at New Providence High School
- ADVANCED / TRAVEL: Monday & Wednesdays, 7-8:30 pm / New Providence High School
- Details will be forthcoming
If you’re interested in joining the program, below outlines the benefits for any athlete. If you’re ready to join, you can view our flier on this page, or sign up right now through COMMUNITY PASS.
|Please make sure that if you don’t already have a uniform, you order one here.|