“A good cheerleader is not measured by the height of her jumps but the span of her spirit.”
Welcome to the New Providence PAL Cheerleading website. Our program is designed for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade. This is an instructional program where basic to advanced cheerleading skills are taught and practiced in a supervised setting under the guidance of Parent and Teen coaches. Our program provides spirit for our town’s fall flag football program and tackle football traveling teams.
Our goal is to help our cheerleaders develop confidence and leadership skills plus town-wide spirit, while emphasizing the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork. Our program encourages each cheerleader to have fun, do their best and to represent New Providence in a positive manner.
We stand together in support of our team
United, committed, one motive one dream.
What we do is different unlike all the rest,
But somehow the same when we all try our best.
We don’t use a bat, a ball, or a net,
Just determination, and muscle, endurance, and sweat.
We cheer because we love the thrill of the game,
To motivate the crowd-nothing else is the same.
So don’t call us ditzy, and don’t call us cute,
Lose the misconceptions, seek out the truth.
Our spirit is endless, our hearts filled with pride,
Please look past the stereotype and see the athlete inside.
To register, go on line at communitypass.net. All participants MUST be registered through Community Pass.
Registration info for 2020: (all squads)
- Early registration (May 1 – May 15), $95 (plus $25 Uniform Deposit)Regular registration (May 16 – June 15), $110 (plus $25 Uniform Deposit)
- Late registration will only be considered based on squad availability. To inquire about late registration, please email the commissioner at email@example.com. Late fee applies.
- Registration includes: Uniform Skirt and Vest, cheer practice t-shirt
- Anyone with financial concerns related to latest economic developments please reach out to the NP PAL President Tom Reilly, or PAL Cheer Commissioner, Katie Mangel. We want to make sure all kids have the opportunity to participate.
Cheer Pictures (all squads):
Typically planned for September/October. More info to follow.
PAL Night (for grades 7-8):
A night when the NPPAL Organization is announced onto the football field at Lieder prior to the start of a varsity game. The cheerleaders have the opportunity to cheer alongside the high school varsity cheerleaders (during the 3rd Qtr). Date: TBD (usually in October). Other fun events for the younger squads to cheer along with the older squads will be announced at a later date.
End of the Season Awards Celebration:
At the end of the season we will honor all of our participants in a short ceremony. Dates & location TBD (usually November). Additional parent volunteers needed.
- New this year, third grade will have the option of continuing at the flag level, or moving up to the tackle level depending on
your level of interest and commitment. Choose either Flag or Tackle at registration.
Flag (Grades K-3):
- August Cheer Camp/Practice: Week of August 24, probably mornings (M-F) – Mandatory Week of August 31 (M/T) – Optional Practices
- September/October Practice: Once a week (Either Monday or Tuesday, times TBA). Fall practice starts 9/8/20.
- Game Days: Saturday mornings (times TBD) and occasional weekdays.
Youth Tackle (Grades 3-8)
- August Practice:
- Week of August 24, probably late afternoons (M-F) – Mandatory
- Week of August 31 (M/T) – Optional Practices
- Grades 7-8
- Week of August 17 (M-F), probably late afternoon, evening (Mandatory)
- Week of August 24 (M-F), probably late afternoon, evening (Mandatory)
- Week of August 31 (M/T) – Optional Practices
- Fall Practice (Grades 3-8) :Twice a week (days/times TBA). Fall practice starts 9/8/20.
- Game Days (Grades 3-8): Sunday’s (times TBA). Fall season is 9/13 – 11/8.
- *Post-Season Games*: Games*: If any of our football teams (grades 3-8) play in a Divisional play-off game or Consolation Bowl Game, our cheerleaders are expected to attend to show their support.
- August Practice:
Home Game Locations
- Flag games –Oakwood Park
- Youth Tackle games – NPHS Lieder Field
- Uniforms for the flag and tackle cheer programs are provided by NPPAL Cheer and must be returned at the end of the season. Uniforms include skirt & sleeveless top. With registration, cheerleaders also receive a practice t-shirt.
- All cheerleaders are required to purchase the necessary accessories to complete the uniform:
- TACKLE – (purchase through PAL) – briefs/boy shorts, midriff, green/gold/pink hair bow, sweatshirt, jacket, pink socks and cheer sneakers. (Purchase on your own) Black Leggings, white ankle socks
- FLAG – (purchase through PAL) – briefs/boy shorts, midriff, green/gold/pink hair bow, sweatshirt, and pink socks. (Purchase on your own) Black Leggings, white ankle socks, all white sturdy sneakers.
A complete listing and estimated prices are listed below. Items in good condition can be reused if the styles have not changed. An estimate of the costs are listed next to each item. Prices are subject to change.
Items can be ordered through Community Pass during registration or on uniform fitting days.
- Green Boy shorts – $10
- V-neck long Midriff, $20
- Pink socks $8
- Cheer Jacket (grades 3-8 only), $35
- Cheer Sweatshirt, $10
- Cheer Hair Bow (Green, Pink and Gold)– $5/ea
- Plain white no-show socks (purchase on your own)
- Plain black ankle-length leggings (purchase on your own)
- Tackle Grades 3-8 Cheer sneakers – $30-$40
- Flag only, cheer sneakers must be plain white (found at Payless or Target)
- Please wash the uniforms in cold water and line dry or lay flat. DO NOT put in the dryer.
- Each family will be required to submit a Uniform Deposit of $25 at the time of registration through Community Pass. PAL Cheer will credit the uniform deposit back into your Community Pass account at the end of the season as long as your child’s uniform was returned clean (not dirty or stained or damaged).
- Any family that fails to return their child’s uniform at the end of the season OR returns it damaged in any way that its deemed unusable, the family will be charged $75 for Flag Uniform and $150 Travel Cheer Uniform (cost of replacement). Reimbursement to NP Cheer is required.
Practice Dress Code
All cheerleaders must come dressed appropriately. Clothing must fit correctly, not too big or small. No jean shorts, no belly shirts, no jewelry, no fake nails, no slip on sneakers or flip flops. All cheerleaders must come to practice in practice uniform, sneakers, and hair pulled up and back away from face. NO EXCEPTIONS! Proper supportive cheer sneakers and dress code is an important factor in insuring the safety of the cheerleaders.